Suggest treatment for muscle pain in the hand after injury

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I was twisting a piece of wood and heard a snap in my hand in front of my wrist on the back hand side. Now I can't make a fist and it is painful. the pain is in the back of the hand and wrist. Should I ice it or go to a walk in

Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be soft tissue injury and may require MRI.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the description of pain and in my opinion the pain is due to injury to either Soft tissues in wrist or snapping of some tendons.
I would recommend pain killers ,Local Ice and use of crepe bandage. If you feel no relief in 5-7 days then visit ER since the diagnosis is not easy and may require MRI for diagnosis.
Hope for all the best.