Suggest treatment for mole on breast

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: Hi, I'm a 22 year old female with light skin, light brown hair & blue eyes with lots of moles. I am concerned about a mole. It's on my left breast and I'm not sure how long it's been there although I know it's been at least a few years. I haven't been concerned with it until recently when I started looking at all my moles. from what I've read it looks like it could be a dysplastic nevus but I am very worried it might also be melanoma. I have an appointment with a dermatologist on August 18 and I've been calling trying to be seen sooner but they are packed until then. Neither sides of my family have a history of melanoma but on my dad's side lots of moles are very common.
Answered by Dr. Monish De 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
excisional biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having mole on your left breast and in your dads side moles are very common i would advise that you undergo excisional biopsy to rule out a possible malignancy.

Moles turning into melanomas can be caused by heredity and that is why in your case u need a wide and deep excision of the mole.

Hope i have answered your query.
DR De
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj