Suggest treatment for mole on breast

Oncologist
Question
Hi, I'm a 22 year old female with light skin, light brown hair & blue eyes with lots of moles. I am concerned about a mole. It's on my left breast and I'm not sure how long it's been there although I know it's been at least a few years. I haven't been concerned with it until recently when I started looking at all my moles. from what I've read it looks like it could be a dysplastic nevus but I am very worried it might also be melanoma. I have an appointment with a dermatologist on August 18 and I've been calling trying to be seen sooner but they are packed until then. Neither sides of my family have a history of melanoma but on my dad's side lots of moles are very common.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Monish De 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
excisional biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having mole on your left breast and in your dads side moles are very common i would advise that you undergo excisional biopsy to rule out a possible malignancy.

Moles turning into melanomas can be caused by heredity and that is why in your case u need a wide and deep excision of the mole.

Hope i have answered your query.
DR De