Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for lump in the breast

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 17777 Questions

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: i have a bulge under my right breast, it seems to be getting larger. not painful to touch, but very painful inside an uncomfortable when sitting. started as a pain and i thought it was my ribs, but seems to be getting worst. only really stops hurting when i stand. could not sleep last night it was so acute.. i am 71 yrs old if that helps.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably costochondritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Top recapitulate: Female/71 - bulge under right breast - seems to be getting larger - not tender but painful from within - stops hurting on standing - uncomfortable when sitting - so acute that you could not sleep last night - - taking lemon water and Advil (Ibuprofen) for pain ...
As per the history you have given this looks to be costochondritis affecting the costal area of the rib as the commonest reason.
Another possibility can be a cyst or so getting infected.
I would advise you the following:
Please continue taking Advil every 8 hours.
Warm fomentation with cotton cloth.
Rubefacient liniment which gives warmth.
If required, strapping the affected part of the chest gives rest to the part and early recovery.
Please consult your Doctor to get a clinical evaluation, examination and discuss these points hence possible to get the exact diagnosis, get additional medications which may help you further:
Oral Steroids being the strongest anti-inflammatory gives best results provided you do not have diabetes and once costochondritis is confirmed.
Ultrasonography is required in doubtful cases to rule out cyst or such problems.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

With Regard.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Ibuprofen

doctor1 MD

ive been suffering from dizziness and confusion sporadically. it only last for a few moments, often less than a minuet. ive been suffering from...

doctor1 MD

i have been in hospital with quite a bad case of tonsilitis today. i have pains in the top of my neck, my head, my ears, cheeks, and throat. i also...

doctor1 MD

Hello I suffer from Chronic costochondritis and I m comming up for 16 in may.. I was on the strongest ibuprofen allowed by law and it done so much...

doctor1 MD

hello last week I used misoprostol for medical abortion. one day after discontinue my drug , I had a bad head ache that aggrevate during midnight....

doctor1 MD

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins. For the past 3 days am having severe shooting pain in my arms and shoulders. It started with left hand now moved...

doctor1 MD

I'm 27 year old female from past few days I have got joint pains . especially while climbing up and down the stairs along with the cracking sound....

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats...