Suggest treatment for lower discomfort and pressure in abdomen

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been having some lower discomfort and pressure for a week now. My husband and I had a little rough sex and he got a little crazy with the vibrator and may have hurt me. Do you think I may just be swollen inside or brused? If so how long for this to heal. At first I thought I may have a bladder infection so I went and got tested at the clinic and everything was find. The pressure and discomfort makes me feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. It is driving me crazy.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It still can be bladder infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

It still can be urinary tract infection. Even if urine analysis is negative. Your symptoms are quite characteristic for this issue. Intercourse increases the risk of urinary tract infection as bacteria are mechanically inserted into urethra.
Discomfort and frequent urinating are typical symptoms. You may have also slight fever. The pain can radiate to the back.
I do not think injury caused by a intercourse can be the case.
Some uterine or ovaries issue can also give such symptoms.
I suggest you to have urine analysis once again, urine culture, abdominal ultrasound and please consult gynecologist and have transvaginal ultrasound.

In a meanwhile increase mineral water intake and start cranberries intake.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon