Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Most of my pain is in the lower back and it fells like eletric is going up and down my right leg... I am having a hard time moving around... Ive tried ice and other stuff and im still in pai.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will advise MRI spine to see for any nerve compr

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
There is possibility of nerve compression in spine leading to electric sensation in your right leg.

I will advise MRI spine to see for any nerve compression leading to radicular back pain.

Medication like methylcobalamin with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
Spine extension exercises along with core stabilizing exercises will help you.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Dr Vaibhav

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju