Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for lower back pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Most of my pain is in the lower back and it fells like eletric is going up and down my right leg... I am having a hard time moving around... Ive tried ice and other stuff and im still in pai.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will advise MRI spine to see for any nerve compr

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
There is possibility of nerve compression in spine leading to electric sensation in your right leg.

I will advise MRI spine to see for any nerve compression leading to radicular back pain.

Medication like methylcobalamin with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
Spine extension exercises along with core stabilizing exercises will help you.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Take care.
Dr Vaibhav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor