Suggest treatment for lower abdominal cramps after meals
Malabsorption;following diagnostic tests are required....
I am sorry for the situation you are in.
Having lower abdomen cramps shortly after every meal associated with unformed stools of light brown to yellow color and nausea and hunger are indicative for possible malabsorption.
Further diagnostic tests are necessary to run including:
- fecal analysis and culture to rule out bowel infection
- examination of stool for ova/parasites if you have been abroad or in a location with prevalence of intestinal parasitic infections
- abdominal ultrasound to rule out gallbladder/pancreas issues
- liver/pancreas function test
For the moment, I advise to:
- eat often and small portions
- avoid those foods that would aggravate your symptoms
- increase water intake
- have light meals (yogurt, soups, etc.)
- take probiotics to stabilize intestinal flora
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination lower abdominal cramps any suggestion
- Treatment and cure for lower abdominal cramping
- Lower abdominal cramps after missing aperiod
- Treatment for abdominal cramping and pelvic pain after hysterectomy
- Lower abdominal cramps after embryo transfer
- Lower abdominal cramps 3 months after delivery
- Is it normal to have lower abdominal cramps after a miscarriage
- Lower abdominal cramping after period
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal cramping
- Treatment and cure for abdominal cramp