Suggest treatment for low potassium levels
can present with different symptoms
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Low potassium (called hypokalemia) may or may not be associated with any symptoms.
The extent of symptoms would also depend on how the level of potassium. It is said to be severe if the level is less than 2.5
In mild cases there may be no symptoms
The symptoms that can occur are related to the heart or muscles though in severe cases, psychological symptoms can occur
Some symptoms are: (1) muscle weakness and fatigue (most common symptoms)
This muscular weakness can affect any muscle in the body. This can present with weakness in the legs, shortness of breath, constipation, distension of the abdomen, poor exercise tolerance
(2)muscle cramps and pain (in severe cases)
(3)palpitations- the feeling of abnormal heart beat
(4)psychological symptoms such as delirium, hallucinations, depression
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking low potassium levels
- What treatment is suggested for low potassium levels in body
- Extremely low potassium levels
- Variococele and low potassium levels
- Low potassium levels and miscarriage
- Effects of low potassium levels
- Low potassium levels mdma
- Low potassium levels heridity
- Low potassium levels in women
- Low potassium level help
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...