• question-icon

Normal to have tremors, fatigue, muscular weakness, and high temperature?

Hello Doc

I am 22 male, 180cm height, 55kg weight

My thyroid report is the following:

T4 11.20 ug/dL

T3 0.90 ng/mL

TSH 1.94 uIU/mL

My Doctors says its normal but my symptoms don't say so. Am i hyperthyroid?

Symptoms include:

tremors, fatigue, muscular weakness, high temperature at all times, really heavy sweating when trying to control fever [paracetamol etc], minor weight gain with good appetite, low immunity etc.

Some of these symptoms appeared when i hit puberty.
Mon, 24 Feb 2014
Hi and thank you so much for this query

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms you have reported. Your symptoms are suggestive of hyperthyroidism but this is not supported by the laboratory findings. The values are totally normal. However, doctors treat patients and not lab findings. From the information you have provided, you are clearly not in the best state of health, If your doctor is not sure of what else to do to make you feel better, I will suggest he refers you to an endoocrinologist who would take a closer look at your symptoms and help you out.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.