Does shingles cause muscular weakness?

My husband has been developing muscular weakness for over a year, he had shinles a year and ahalf ago. He has had flu, and a bout of bronchitis. It started with thigh muscles, now his arms also feel heavy and numb. Is this post herpetic neuropothy, or a muscular disease? What Dr. Should he see?
Mon, 18 Jan 2016
Hello and welcome to HCM
I have read your query
I hope this will help
Yes shingles can cause muscle weakness in form of a POST HERPETIC MOTOR NEUROPATHY along with alot of other Central nervous system complications...
From the history provided by you as he is also having numbness I think POST HERPETIC NEUROPATHY is more likely than a muscular problem..
I will advise you to take his problem seriously and consult a NEUROLOGIST have his NERVE CONDUCTION STUDIES done and proceed accordingly..
Dr faeza