Suggest treatment for low libido in an elderly person

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: 54 yrs. male. suffering from decreased sex desire . have pacemaker implant.high triglyceride.and hypertension. hiper thyoride.all counts normal with drugs.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concern.As you have mentioned that all parameters are normal on medicine,I would consider that blood pressure,serum lipid etc all are normal at present.

Initally few investigations are required to rule out the cause of decreased sex drive.
Test advice are-
Serum Testosterone levels
Serum Cortisol levels.
Color doppler penis(To see any obstruction in blood supply)
MRI groin to see any injury or demyelinisation of Pudendal nerve(which supplies penis)
Treatment depends on the root cause of decreased desire.
Follow up with reports of these test so that further medicines could be suggested.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 10 minutes later
can not go for MRI due to Pacemaker implant(see the profile)
No injury to groins . Still have sex life but reduced urge.going for first two tests. Where to go for penis doppler.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Penis doppler is nothing but ultrasound of Penis.It can be done by any Radiologist.
Sorry but some pacemakers are MRI compatible,So i adviced you.
Follow up with reports.
Thanks.