Suggest treatment for low cortisol levels?
Hydrocortisone is used mostly.
Thank you for asking!
The low cortisol level is treated with hydrocortisone in most of the cases. Other corticosteroids can be used too.
If it is chronic you will get instructed how to raise the dose in case of illnesses because the requirements are higher.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for high cortisol levels
- Treatment of low cortisol levels
- Treatment for high blood pressure hypokalemia gastroparesis high cortisol levels
- Treatment for cortisol deficiency
- Cortisol and weight gain treatment
- Treatment elevated cortisol levels
- Severe amygdalitis treatment cortisol
- Low cortisol treatment natural
- Treatment for cortisol in men
- Treatment to lower cortisol levels
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?