Suggest treatment for knot under knee causing burning sensation and swelling
Glad there is no fracture, but proper treatment not advised
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I am happy to know that the x-rays returned negative for fractures or damage to the bone, but I do not see any recommendations provided by your family physician to help improve/heal your foot. So I shall provide them to you sir:
+Firstly, traveling would not be a good idea at this point as it will require prolonged durations of being seated and this can increase the swelling
+Apply ice to the region for as long as you can tolerate
+Avoid weight-bearing on the affected foot/leg
+Elevation of the leg
+Wearing an elastic bandage for a few minutes a day, as tolerated by you, not too tight
+Use of anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, tylenol, diclofenac, etc.
The injury will take time to heal, but if you feel the knot is increasing in size this could be due to accumulation of a hematoma (accumulation of blood) or other fluids requiring drainage.
I think your doctor has not really emphasised on the way forward after ruling out a fracture, and a re-visit either to the same doctor or another one is in order sir. But please do consider postponing your travel.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Suggest treatment for knee bone injury
- Constant knee pain swelling since partial knee replacement treatment suggestion
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Suggest treatment for knee injury
- Suggest treatment for sore knees