Suggest treatment for jaundice in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 13 Sep 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My 5 years old son is in complaint of having SGOT and SGPT more than 1800 U/L resulting Jaundice. Plz tell me what is the stage of his disease and should he be admitted in a hospital or follow medication at home as prescribed by a doctor.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further details needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your son could be suffering from hepatitis. However, the mentioned details are inadequate for a proper diagnosis. I would insist you to upload the full liver function test report. Also upload the relevant medical notes in case you have them at your disposal. Based on the inputs I would be able to suggest further line of treatment. Chances are that he can be treated at home.

I will await your response. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 37 minutes later
How can I upload test reports
Brief Answer:
You can upload them or send them as email attachments

Detailed Answer:
You can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY

I would await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Plz find attachment of blood and urine test report and medication for the same regarding my 5 years old son.plz tell me problems keeping in view of report facts and suggest me requisite remedies.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to obstructive cause

Detailed Answer:
Pardon me for the inadvertent delay in responding. I have checked the attached reports. The direct or conjugated section of bilirubin is raised and this indicates a post-hepatic cause i.e. the problem is likely to be due to obstructive problems. I would strongly insist on getting an abdominal ultrasound done. The urine report shows presence of ketone bodies which indicates that the child is not feeding well and is virtually in a state of starvation (may occur even with long gaps between meals).

Please upload the ultrasound report once you get it done and I will guide you accordingly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana