Suggest treatment for jaundice and acute hepatitis

Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I had fever a week ago, got admitted in a hospital, now fever is down, doctors diagnosed it was jaundice and there was report that SGPT and SGOT are high and might damage liver. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Prashant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
hii ...I saw your reports you are suffering from acute hepatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query at healthcaremagic.

Fever with jaundice may have so many causes but looking at your LFT. Please better get admit in a hospital and you need to be further investigated for the cause of hepatitis. Ask your doctor for IgM anti HAV, IgM anti HEV, HBsAg, HCV by elisa technique, an ultrasound abdomen to know the status of liver, Prothrombin time with INR. Drink cleaner water and take hygienic food.

Hope this information helped you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj