Suggest treatment for itchy scalp
Multiple applications suggested
I am Dr V XXXXXXX a Sr Dermatologist.
I have noted your concerns and think that following measures are most likely to benefit:
1 Application of Gamma Benzene Hexachloride, an anti-lice preparation in lotion form has to be done every week for at least four consecutive weeks.It is preferable to leave the application overnight and wash off with shampoo next morning.It is indeed possible to find few or no parasites in the scalp and hairs as they frequently escape examination with naked eye.
2 For occasional itching, one might use Crotorax solution for hairs as well as other itchy areas.
3 tab Levocetirizine 5 mg a day is good to control itching.
4 The swollen lymph gland is likely to regress by itself.
Once the treatment is completed, it still might take some days before you get total relief from itching.Other symptoms seem to be a prt of this infection only.
Wishing you an early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scalp treatment for dry scalp
- Suggest treatment for erythematous itchy rash on scalp
- Suggest me some treatment for my scalp infection
- Suggest treatment for inflamed pink scalp
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Treatment for itchy scalp
- Treatment for dry itchy scalp
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis
- Suffering from seborrhea scalp suggest treatment
- Itchy scalp causes and treatment