What causes intermittent cough, nasal congestion and watery eyes?
Allergic cause. Symptoms related.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due an allergic component. Treatment is supportive and usually comprises of antiallergic medication and mucolytic. The blocked nose is also due to the same cause. Giving Montair LC Kid (monteleukast + levocetirizine, prescription medicine) should help. Cetirizine is an over the counter alternative that can also be given instead. Some children are more prone to catching cold and recurrent episodes are seen. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated. A blood allergy test would need to be done in that situation. Desensitization therapy based on the reports should help.
I hope that I could clear your doubts.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sneezing and nasal congestion every morning
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- Rebound nasal congestion causes
- Acute nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causing tears
- Hiv cause nasal congestion
- Reflex nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causes
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- Chronic nasal congestion causes
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever