Suggest treatment for itchy red bumps on elbows
Could be eczema/ contact dermatitis/ urticaria
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that you are having some itchy rashes on your body which are spreading.
From your history and description, I would consider the following possibilities-
1. Eczema - It could occur due to dry skin/ change in weather conditions.
You would benefit from continuing the medication you are using. (1% Hydrocortisone cream). Apply 3 times a day on the rashes.
Use a good moisturizer ( like Aveeno) 2 times a day to prevent dryness.
Bathe with lukewarm water and use minimal soap.
You could also take an antihistamine like Benadryl at bedtime for 5- 10 days.
2. Contact dermatitis- This occurs due to an allergy to a extrinsic factor like plants/ chemicals/ paints/ etc. If you have any recent exposure to any potential trigger which could cause allergy, please eliminate it.
3. Allergies to medications- Have you been on any new medication recently? This could cause a similar rash. You need to stop the offending medications.
4. Urticaria- This cause hives like rashes on the body. You could benefit from taking an antihistamine like Claritin in the daytime and Benadryl at bedtime.
These are the possibilities based on your history and description.
However, please attach a clear photograph of the lesion which will help me to assess better.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on the finger joint
- What is the treatment for red itchy bumps in children
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Treatment for itchy red bumps on back of legs
- Suggest treatment for bruised bump on shin
- Splotchy red rash bumps treatment
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump caused by a dog bite
- Suggest treatment for bumps on my clitoris
- Reoccuring bumps on the pennis suggest treatment
- Itchy skin bumps treatment