Suggest treatment for itchy bumps on the body

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have small itchy bumps appearing in random places on my body, I can attach a few photos? It has lasted around 5 days now with OTC hydrocortisone

It all seems to have started after I cut my arm in a drainage ditch, it is spreading all over to different parts
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to an allergic reaction.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. It is possible that you have an allergic reaction. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or loratidine which are prescription medicines) should help. You also should apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion. I would insist you to refrain for use of hydrocortisone.

It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.

Let me know if I could help further.