Suggest treatment for itchiness at incision area after laparoscopic surgery
This may indicate either allergy to the suture material or beginning of port site infection. You require a clinical examination to distinguish them. Both conditions may be associated with some discharge. Yellowish/blood stained discharge and surrounding redness/heat/edema is more suggestive of infection.
Infection usually will respond to addition or upgradation of antibiotics, while reaction to suture material may need suture removal and replacement with some other suture materials.
So kindly get back to your doctor for evaluation and management accordingly.
Meanwhile, keep the area clean and dry and apply some antibiotic creams(like mupirocin, povidone iodine etc). You can continue benadryl for itching.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have further questions, I will be happy to help.
Wishing for faster recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Adhesions after laparoscopic surgery
- Internal bleeding after laparoscopic surgery
- Iui after laparoscopic surgery
- Endometriosis after laparoscopic surgery
- Flying after laparoscopic surgery for appendicitis
- Flight after laparoscopic surgery
- Incision reopened after laparoscopic surgery?
- Flying after laparoscopic surgery
- Ayurvedic treatment for epidermoid cyst after a laparoscopic surgery
- Hiccups after laparoscopic surgery
- What causes imbalance,dizziness and stiff neck after a head injury?
- Should a fall after knee replacement be a cause of worry?
- Suggest treatment for long mensuration bleeding
- Suggest treatment for swollen testicles
- Suggest treatment for red itchy bumps around belly button
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with persistent fever
- What does ALT/SGPT of 52 indicate?
- What causes redness in eyes?
- Suggest treatment for cyst in ear lobes
- What causes delayed periods after taking Sysron N1BD?