• question-icon

Suggest treatment for irritation in anal area with constipation

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello Doc,

I am facing irritation inside my anal area.
four months back i had constipation for two three days then it started paining ,some times burning, But there is no bleeding and no flush coming out. while sitting long time im feeling the pain or itching. i don't have any other medical problems. some times i am facing constipation. i tried Ayurveda medicine and helped me for few days. now i am having pilex and pilgo tablets but there is no result.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fissure is ano

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: male/32 - tried pilex and pilego - no results - irritation inside anal area - started as constipation 4 months back - lasted for 2-3 days - then it started paining - sometimes burning - no bleeding, no flesh - pain or itching on sitting for long time - constipation still off and on...

Thanks for an elucidate history.
This indicates that you have fissure in ano, a condition where you get a small cut at the front and/or back position of the anal canal as a result of constipation.
The medicines you have been taking will not be effective. Piles are usually painless unless there is a complication
Hence I would suggest you the following:
Regular use of a laxative to have soft stool, this needs to be taken on daily basis.
Sitz bath- siting in a tub with tolerable warm water
Avoid all the foods and beverages that cause constipation.
Avoid stress and/or anxiety if you have as these have direct bearing on fissure in ano
As you are 32 years old male having the problem under consideration it is better to get your colonoscopy done and also per-rectal digital examination and proctoscopy to make sure about the possible causes and effects.
Tests of stool, urine and blood and if infection is present, please get a course of an antibiotic.
If you follow this stringently, there is likelihood that your problem will solved.
Since this is for the last 4 months it is possible that the above therapy can help you the best, only occasionally you may need a small surgery.
Get the diagnosis confirmed by a General Surgeon.

I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon