Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for iron deficiency

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1462 Questions
I am Anaemic. How can I improve my Iron Count.Please suggest. Duration: Last few years. Medication:Take iron pills regularly.Haem up
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Iron deficiency is quite common in menstrual age group females. First step is to get the diagnosis confirmed by doing serum iron profile. If it is truly iron deficient anemia but not improving with iron, we may need to think of excess blood loss (through heavy periods or in stool). Also you should take plenty of iron rich diet (like chicken liver, chicken, breakfast cereals enriched with iron, legumes, beans, etc.) Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor