Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for injured penis causing inflammation pockets along the underside of my penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Iam supposed to get one more free response from my last question. My e-mail is YYYY@YYYY My question was : I injured my penis using a penis ring. The underside of my shaft split open. This has caused a couple of inflammation pockets along the underside of my penis. I forgot the doctors name, but he responded to use neosporin. This product did not work. Is there anything else I can try to get rid of this unsightly problem ? I can actually push the fluid up just underneath the head , where it collects like a cyst. I can squeeze it, break it up then clear fluid comes out . But it always comes back. Please help. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Followup. Detailed Answer: at this point I think you may need to escalate the therapy. you may need a stronger antibiotic to take by mouth. I would not hesitate to see a local physician. also would be a good idea to soak in a bath for 15-20 minutes 2-3 times per day. recommend ibuprofen also 400 mg every 8 hours. Thanks again for sharing your health concerns with us. Dr Galamaga.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor