Suggest treatment for inferior turbinate hypertrophy

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I would like to know if anything looks amiss concerning these two images. I am experiencing very strange symptoms in the face/neck/head.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are hypertrophy of inferior turbinates.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I have gone through both the images in detail.
Findings are not very serious.There are hypertrophy of inferior turbinates and it may be related to chronic sinusitis.
Sinusitis may cause variety of symptoms like headache,nasal blockade etc.
Strange symptoms in face/neck/head are vague in nature and it may be related to sinusitis.
If possible,please upload more images to properly assess other sinuses.
You may also need clinical assessment.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Ok, thank you. Thos is very odd thst i still have thos problem, as i had septoplasty and sipposed turbinate reduction in XXXXXXX 2015. I suppose the ENT performing my surgery could have faken a very conservative approach with regard to the turbinates as ye thought the main issue was deviated septum. I am attaching the before images that lead up to the surgery.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Many cases are related to immunity of the patient and allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Sometimes it is difficult to treat this type of case and it is not possible always to completely treat the condition.
Many cases are related to immunity of the patient and allergy.Mild symptoms may persists in some patients even after surgical intervention.

It is better to avoid precipitating cause if any.
DNS is corrected in your case.Only DNS correction gives huge relief to some patient.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX