Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have been on Synthroid for more years than I care to remember. I have been on .3 for probably 20 years. I have a new doctor who said that was too much and reduced it to .2. I had another test, last week and he said it was too low and I should decrease it to .1 . Does this sound right?

At .1 I have absolutely no energy, and usually I am a very active person.
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I need your actual thyroid test results.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I read carefully your query and understood your concern.

If you have no energy and usually you are a very active person, I can deduce that your dose of Synthroid is not enough because fatigue can be a symptom of hypothyroidism.

Anyway, i need to see your actual thyroid test results. Only in this way i can say if your dose is accurate. Sp please post the actual reports of the thyroid profile or you can even upload/attach them at the reports section of this web-page.

Also, I want to know the dosage of your tab of Synthroid ? ( is it 25, 50 or 100 mcg or any other strength ??)

Please let me know about this so that i can calculate your total daily dose.

Hope this is helpful.
Waiting your results.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee