Suggest treatment for hives on the chest and abdominal area

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I've got some type of rash or hives this is the second time in to months the skin is warm and feels like sand paper it starts like a insect bite but seems to spread its always on my chest and stomach area and on my arms have no idea what this is the last time it took two weeks to clear up also on genitals I have no none allergies
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please kindly provide the needed information

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HCM to post your question.

I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

What I understand from your description seems like a generalised rash. I will need some more information in order to give you a better opinion.

How is your general condition- fever, fatigue, other symptoms?
Can you see any relation to smething you have eaten or gotten in contact with?
Did benadryl help?
Anyone else in your family with the same symptoms?
Can you please upload a picture in our system so I can have a look at it?

Looking forward to your follow up. I will be happy to give a more accurate answer once provided that information.

Dr. Papaqako.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj