Suggest treatment for high prolactin levels and irregular menstrual cycle

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi Doc,
My wife (age 31, weight 60kg ) has been facing abnormal mensuration cycle, This time it was two months late so we approached to a gynecologist .
She did ultrasound and some blood test ( Hb, T4 TSH) after that she advised medrigest and call my wife on day 1or 2 of mensuration.
At that say she recommends some harmonal test (PSH, LH, PRL and TSH ). In these reports Prolactine is 40.81 ng/ml and TSH is 4.99 ┬ÁlU/ml.
Now Doctor advised to take BlongF or pyrilongF and cabrigoline.
Should I start these medicines or have some more test like MRI as per suggestion of some other physician.
In ultrasound doctor reported Endo 7.4mm and multiple follocle in B/L overy
please guide us what to do?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No extra tests required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about high prolactin.

Following is my reply:

1) Prolactin levels are higher and can be treated easily as per your doctor's advice.

2) Repeat prolactin one month after finishing medicines. If still high levels, then get MRI. Otherwise MRInot required as of now.

3) This could also be a reason for irregular periods if she does not have polycystic ovaries as per ultrasound scan report.

4) This is not a big problem to worry much.

Let me know if you need anymore help.