• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high fever, nausea and weakness

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: 71 yo white male who did weed eating and other lawn work in hot weather (88 degrees) now has temperature of 100F, chills (but c/o hot face and head), weakness, mild nausea, BP 124/76.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue with hydration and tylenol and monitor only for now

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed his information fully. This seems to be caused by dehydration or exhaustion from working in high temperatures. I suggest that you continue with increased fluids intake and tylenol while observing for any other symptom as increased temperature or fall in blood pressure. Should any occur, update me for review and more guidance. In any case, keep me updated with his progress.

I hope this helps. I wish him well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah