Suggest treatment for high fever, cough and body pain

ENT Specialist
Question
My daughter of 17 years is running high temp from day before (19th Jul). Initially, there was irritation in the throat which increased to low voice and frequent dry cough yesterday. I gave Benadryl cough syrup twice and Crocin advanced two times yesterday. At its peak, yesterday the fever was 101.7

Today the fever has persisted and is at 100.6. I have given crocin advanced and benadryl syrup.
She is complaining of bodypain, chest hurts due to coughing, eyes are burning, runny nose and head hurts

I have been recommended AZICIP-500 tablets

What further medication is advised?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please continue the medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Although i have not examined your daughter but from your complaints it looks like that your daughter is having a viral fever,

Please dont worry as most of the time this will settle down in 5-7 days by itself.

I would like you to continue crocin and benadryl cough syrup as it will give her relief.

Azicip 500 is a good tablet and you can ask her to take for three days as this will help in early recovery and prevent any bacterial infection from setting in,

Other than this you can ask her to gargle with warm salt water 2-3 times a day and drink plenty of fluids.

Dont worry , she will be fine.

thanks