Suggest treatment for high BP, diabetes and eye problems
Your grandmother requires ophthamology consultation to confirm retinopathy
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Diabetes and hypertension are chronic conditions and affect various organs.
2. Diabetes in particular affects the eyes, kidneys and nerves. Hypertension also affects the eyes and kidneys.
3. It is possible that your grandmother has got retinopathy in the eyes. The retina is a light sensitive layer in the eye and in people with diabetes and hypertension there is a risk of development of retina damage.
4. Your grandmother must consult the ophthalmologist and get her eyes examined in detail for retina problems arising due to diabetes and hypertension.
5. The eye problems happen in most patients having long history of diabetes and hypertension and controlling blood pressure and diabetes delays the onset of these problems. However most patients will have their eyes affected at some point in time. Treatment is after getting tested and evaluated for retina problems. Please do not delay any more or else there can be severe damage and blindness.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Diabetic high bp suggest a diet plan
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Diabetes high bp gas diet suggestions
- Kidney stones high bp diabetic treatment
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...