What causes a large floater and spots in the field of vision?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Have a large floater in left eye and see VERY small specks in vision in bright sunlight
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Retinoscopy and slit lamp examination are done are they normal?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

eye floaters and spots are very common and usually aren't usually dangerous.. They are caused by clumps or specks of undissolved vitreous gel material floating in the dissolved gel-like fluid (vitreous) in the back of the eye, which cast shadows on the retina when light enters the eye.when the gel-like, vitreous substance begins to shrink it cast a shadow onto the retina.

Go for Retinoscopy of eye and slit examination.
If required opthamologist would suggest you for Buckling operation or VEGF injections would be used weekly for 12 months.
However in most of the cases no treatment is required and they settles down with time.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D