• question-icon

Suggest treatment for headache post an injury

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Monday morning, March 14th, I hit my head on the corner of the kitchen cabinet and the corner was so sharp that it penetrated in my head or pierced my head and blood began to pour out of my head. I applied pressure on my head and rested on the sofa with my head elevated. In no time the bleeding stopped. I have no bump.I have a mild headache, or a sensation on the right side of my head. The pollen is bad here, and confused if it could just be allergies, as I suffer every year. I do take the low dosage of aspirin every day, but I have not since Monday.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Two days already passed without significant brain injury symptoms such lethargy, nausea and vomiting, slurred speech, any limbs weakness, so, it is probably that pollen, ( allergies ) are causing your symptoms.

However, taking aspirin increases the possibility of brain damage such hematoma for example.

It is necessary for you to be alert about any delayed signs of traumatic brain injury such subdural hematoma, in case you or people around you notice anything wrong with your behavior and condition, you should be present and get evaluated ASAP in an ER for example.

Regarding the allergies, they are common in the current season.

An evaluation by your primary care Doctor is necessary to evaluate the allergy as a possible cause of your concerns.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical