What does this MRI report indicate?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Thank you. Can you tell me what it means when the results from a MRI Brain wo & w contrast result says "suggestion of diffuse narrowing of right P1 segment"?
It also says small subdural hemorrhages along the cerebellar tentorium which aooears chronic
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

P1 segment refers to the first portion of the posterior cerebral artery, diffuse narrowing may be an inherited problem.

Normally, if the other posterior cerebral artery is patent, then there should be no problems with blood circulation in the brain.

Chronic subdural hematoma is the accumulation of blood under the main covering layer of the brain, in your case under the tentorium.

It is a condition seen after trauma, coagulation problems or use of anticoagulant drugs.

In rare case it may be related to vascular malformations.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.