• question-icon

Suggest treatment for headache, nausea and heart palpitations

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been sick for 9 days. My symptoms are extreme hot flashes, headache, nausea, pain in the right side, pain in the back from neck to waist, weakness, unable to eat much due to nausea, tingling, sour stomach, too weak to go to the doctor. I am 72. I had this same scenario 2 months ago. My blood tests are always within normal range.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible hyperthyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms , I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns. The most common cause of hot flashes is increased production of thyroid hormone in what is called hyperthyroidism.
hyperthyroidism also causes naseau, vomiting, pailpitaions , fatigue and tingling
I would recommend that you check on your thyroid hormonal profile including T3, T4 and TSH
Also I would recommend that you check on your liver enzymes ( AST, ALT) as butalbytal can rarely cause irritation of liver cells leading to increased liver enzymes and pain on the right side of the abdomen. I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman