Suggest treatment for headache, fatigue, dizziness and vomiting

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello. My question is that I have the following symptoms and have had them for quite some time. Can you please tell me what can it possibly be?
Symptoms: HEADACHE (SOMETIMES), I FEEL MY HEAD SWELLING, FATIGUE, DIZZINESS, MOST OF THE TIME I WANT TO VOMIT, NERVE TWITCHES, BAD CIRCULATION
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs detailed neurological examination and fundoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, these symptoms can't be ignored as these can be sequelae of increased intracranial pressures and needs detailed neurological examination preferably by a neurologist and to have fundoscopy and may need Brain imaging as well with CT scan or MRI.

Meanwhile other metabolic or endocrine causes need to be ruled out on basic blood work up with serum electrolytes, renal functions, complete blood counts, thyroid and sugar levels. For symptomatic relief analgesics like acetaminophen can be used.

If no organic cause is found out, a psychiatrist review for non organic causes like migraine or cluster headaches needs to be done as well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
CAN I GET MORE LESS OF AN IDEA WHAT THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to increased intracranial pressures

Detailed Answer:
HI! Thanks for sharing the feedback. In simple words out brain is sorrounded by a fluid which keeps it in a floating condition to keep it shock proof upto some extent. If the pressure or amount of fluid increases inside, it can present with symptoms you have mentioned and is called hydrocephalus. Though this is just a suspicion but with these symptoms this should be the first one to be excluded and then other causes which we have discussed needs to be worked up with. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad