What causes imbalance and numbness in the legs?

My wife has no pain but can barely move her right leg, as if it's dead and drags along. She has had multiple MRI's of brain etc and has hydrocephalus, but no diagnosis yet.

If I don't get an email, I can "logon to HealthcareMagic" account and click on "My Dashboard". How do I access that account, i.e. web address, account logon, password, etc?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload reports or previous prescription

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Unilateral lower limb weakness at this age may be due to stroke, hip pathology or lumbosacral region abnormalities.
Examination by a neurologist will help in revealing the exact site of pathology.
If brain MRI has been advised,then possibility of stroke is likely.
Get back with reports or upload previous consultation prescription to clarify more.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Follow-up: What causes imbalance and numbness in the legs? 15 hours later
Walking problems started first of the year 2017. An ER visit on 9/3/17 for urinary infection and tests revealed atrial fibrillation. An exchocardiogram on 10/13/17 appeared normal. Spinal stenosis of lumbar spine and lumbar disc degeneration have been diagnosed. On 10/24/17 3 MRI's included: Brain Stem w/o constrast material, spinal canal thoracic w/o contrast matrl, and spinal canal cervical w/contrast material. We have appointment to discuss MRI results on 11/7/17 with neurologist and may know more then. She also has balance problems and needs assistance getting up from a chair or bed. Too burdensome to upload reports at this time. We are looking for clues to diagnose/treat the current problem.
Thank You
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get examined by a neurologist

Detailed Answer:
If there are no compression of nerves then unilateral symptoms maybe due to Parkinson disease.
Examination by a neurologist is vital for clinching the diagnosis.
Kindly visit to a neurologist for detailed examination.
Upload prescription of previous doctor and other reports if possible.
Wishing good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar