• question-icon

Suggest treatment for headache and vomiting

Posted on Wed, 8 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: my 29 year old son took a hard hit to the back of his head which left an egg size knot about 10 days ago. he had bad headaches for 3 or 4 days, the knot went away headaches got a bit better went back to marshal arts class and started kicking the bag and hands on activity, came home started throwing up and a severe headache we can not get to go away what can we do for him he just graduated with a master degree in knieseology and has been unable to find a job therefore no insurance and 70,000 dollars in school debt. he also has a shunt and has had 54 surgeries what can we do for his headache. thank you
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI Brain/Comparison with the previous brain imaging.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar, Neurologist, here to answer your query.

Of course, I can understand your painful situation. If he has started having severe headache episodes recently, then I would suggest that a brain imaging preferably MRI should be done to compare with the previous brain imaging.

Shunt patency should also be looked for. We should rule out the increased hydrocephalus, shunt-related complications as a cause of worsened headache. It would be better to take him to the treating Neurosurgeon.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, I shall be glad to assist you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD, DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist