Suggest treatment for head lice infestation

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX answered my question on how to kill bedbugs and their eggs in my hair on 2/19/17.
I followed her instructions beginning 2/20/17. Unfortunately it did not work. Is there something else I can try?
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking once again on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your present and earlier query and have checked the attached images. It seems that the problem is due to some sort of contact dermatitis. The trigger could also originate somewhere else in your bedroom and a keen eye is needed to discern. I feel the cause to be chemical irritation rather than bed bugs. In other words, I feel that the problem is with the bed (which does not necessarily mean bed bugs). Possibly some material in your bed is causing allergic reaction in your body and that is the cause of your problems. Had it been bed bugs or any other mites (other than lice), they would have yielded to the anti-lice treatment.

Do you have an option of changing the bed (along with the bed cover etc.)? I think that it would be the best way out for you.

You should benefit from taking some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily after dinner.

Feel free to write back.