• question-icon

Suggest treatment for gastritis

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having a gastritis flare up and my tummy is having lots of discomfort. I am pooping very watery stools for 3 days now I am belching a very horrid smell sulferish at times for sure my tummy feels full of pressure and grumbling a lot I laid down at 11 and have been up off and on to go poop the watery rumbling poops for a few hours and it has been about 8 times.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
some suggestions

Detailed Answer:
If this has been going on for 3 days then you should see your doctor for some stool tests and an exam.
You need to be drinking plenty of fluids and trying to get in some calories from foods that will not make the stomach distress worse.
Foods that may be tolerated are rice, bananas, dry toast, eggs (not fried), applesauce, broiled chicken, broths.
Avoid all dairy, fried foods, beans and raw vegetables until things have cleared up.
If this is a recurrent problem you may even need an upper endoscopy to determine the cause.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson