Suggest treatment for gall stones and high bilirubin levels

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I know I have gallstones present I woke up yesterday with neon urine and now it is tea colored and my eyes are yellow....I dipped my urine obviously showing large amounts of bilirubin and blood....I know I have jaundice....I have 2 weeks till my insurance kicks in....my question is this an ER situation or can it wait the 2 weeks for my insurance...my temp is staying between 99.2-99.8...not in a attack right now...but I feel the constant pressure on my back and right upper abdomen....please help
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To know the exact cause and effects and therapy if possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To recapitulate: Female/32 - took Bentyl and Ibuprofen days ago, jaundice set in - 2 weeks till insurance kicks in...
My thoughts:
You have jaundice with history of gall stones, onstantpressure on back and right upper abdomen.
So we have to rule out obstructive jaundice and this is done by the complete liver function panel, amylase and lipase in blood along with CBC, ultrasound to see for whether there are stones in the bile ducts, pancreatitis, Upper GI with Endoscopic Ultrasound to find for stones in bile ducts and pancreatitis. This can be extended to remove the stones from the bile ducts or pass a stent if required- as a therapeutic procedures also.
Get the proper diagnosis and hence this is an ER Situation.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.