• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the scrotum

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: what should the colorization of a males scrotum be at age 72. should I be seriously concerned. Is there another alternative treatment available?.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The colorization of a male's scrotum at the age of 72 years should be the same that he has been having for all these years. In other words, no change is expected. However, you could be having a fungal infection and that could be responsible for the itchiness as well as change in colour over the area. Application of Candid (clotrimazole) lotion or powder topically should provide relief. If treated properly, there is no reason to get concerned.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4439 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Clotrimazole

doctor1 MD

i am 29 , 3 months before only i maaired, after 2 months of marriage one day i noticed i have some problem in my pennis like fungas infection,...

doctor1 MD

Hi on the 26th of July I noticed itchy pimple like bumps around my vagina. I saw a doctor on the 30th. She prescribe me Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal...

doctor1 MD

I have this rash on the back of my neck. At first it looked like I had dirt on the back of my neck. As I also have it on my armpits and in the...

doctor1 MD

about 2 weeks ago i had an itching sensation around my vagina (vulva etc). about a week later, i started getting what seemed like a rash and...

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2...

doctor1 MD

Hi For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the...

doctor1 MD

Hi For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation