• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the scrotum

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: what should the colorization of a males scrotum be at age 72. should I be seriously concerned. Is there another alternative treatment available?.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The colorization of a male's scrotum at the age of 72 years should be the same that he has been having for all these years. In other words, no change is expected. However, you could be having a fungal infection and that could be responsible for the itchiness as well as change in colour over the area. Application of Candid (clotrimazole) lotion or powder topically should provide relief. If treated properly, there is no reason to get concerned.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha