• question-icon

Suggest treatment for frequent urination

Posted on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 in Men's Health
Question: EXCESSIVE URINATION DAILY OF 24 TO 34 TIMES SINCE MVA 9-1-2013. HAD GREEN LIGHT PROSTATE LASER SURGURY ON 3-3-2012 AND AFEW DAYS LATER SPENT TWO WEEK IN HOSPITAL WITH SEPSIS. PRIOR TO GREEN LIGHT VOIDED 12 TO 14 TIMES PER DAY, AND THE SAME AFTER GREEN LIGHT LASER SURGURY. ADVISE OTHER TREATMENTS.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Detrusor(Bladder muscle) instability

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of frequent urination 24-34 times daily .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem
1) Have you done Urodynaemic study of bladder if so what is reported to be ?
2) Was laser surgery for prostate done as a part of treatment for enlarged prostate ?

In view of laser surgery being done the obstructive cause for your symptoms being ruled out ,your symptoms are most likely to be due to Detrusor instability and neurological cause due to lumbar canal stenosis.

I would suggest you get Urodynaemic study done to confirm the diagnosis .If confirmed you may have trial of drugs like Oxybutinine thrice daily for 3-4 months If there is no satisfactory improvement in your symptoms you may discuss with your Urologist to explore the possibility of surgery of Augmented Cystoplasty.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist