Suggest treatment for frequent persistent cough
Thanks for writing to us.
Coscopin is for dry cough. You are already giving alerid which is an antihistamine. Coscopin also contains antihistamine chlorpheniramine.
It is better to avoid giving two antihistamines simultaneously.
If your child is Coughing badly after 5 days, my suggestion
1. Take your child to your doctor to get her checked again for chest infection or congestion. She may even need xray if advised by your doctor
2. Already on good medications don't delay further.
3. Give plenty of warm liquids to drink to keep hydrated.
4. Enquire about nebulisations with your doctor. That might help in bringing the secretions and improve her symptoms.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough mucus for 4 months treatment
- Persistent cough after cold treatment
- Persistent cough and frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for persistant cough
- Persistent cough with heart palpitations
- Persistent coughing in cold weather
- Pain in the calf and persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough