Suggest treatment for food stuck in the throat
please take him to the hospital as soon as possible. the fact that he is spitting up liquid or saliva means that there is still something stuck in his "throat" or most likely his esophagus. this is considered an emergency, as the esophagus can ulcerate and then perforate (which can be life threatening). He would need an endoscopy to removed the piece of food that may still be stuck. better safe than sorry.
You are also right to worry about aspirating liquid onto his lungs and causing a bad pneumonia.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and cough
- Suggest treatment for throat infection
- Food caught in throat treatment
- Pill stuck in throat treatment
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for throat pain
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for irritation in throat