Suggest treatment for food poisoning
I think it is food poisoning...
Hi, thank you for posting.
I read your question carefully and I hope I can help you.
According to your husband's symptoms, I think that this condition is caused by food poisoning, that is caused by bacteria or toxins in food.
It is very important for your husband to get rehydrated by drinking a lot of water, juice and by using Oral Rehydration Solution.
Your husband should avoid:
- Fatty, acidic and spicy foods.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Alcohol and caffeine.
- Diary products.
He should take Metoclopramide 10 mg for the nauseous feeling and Loperamide 2 mg for diarrhea.
If the symptoms do not stop after 24 hours, your husband must go to the Emergency Room in order to get rehydrated.
He needs a complete blood count and a stool test, too.
Your husband should see his infectious disease specialists to confirm the diagnosis and the treatment.
Ask me for anything unclear.
All the best.
Dr. Behar Greca
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the possible treatments for food poisoning
- Food poisoning antibiotic treatment
- Suggest treatment for food poisoning
- Treatment and cure for food poisoning nausea
- Treatment and cure for food poisoning infection
- Suggest treatment for vomiting due to food poisoning
- Treatment and cure for salmonella food poisoning
- Food poisoning treatment chart
- Treatment and cure for cases food poisoning
- Food poisoning promethazine prescribed suggestions