Suggest treatment for fever and dry cough

Question
I am sarcoid patient and my disease was diagnosed 15days back. I had fever and dry cough since one month before my disease diagnosed. I M taking defcort 36 mg every mornig? Still I ve cough but fever only in morning. Am I at right direction of my treatment? What is the stage of disease at I am?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Correct treatment advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.

Firstly, I would give you a brief idea regarding the disease diagnosed recently. Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease that can involve many organ systems. Fever and dry cough are among the commonest presentations. Staging is based on chest imaging and prognosis will depend on which organ systems are involved and to what extent.

NSAIDs and steroids are mainstay of treatment. You have been given a newer steroid, which I think was very prudent decision taken by your doctor. PPI is also needed to safeguard your stomach and prevent peptic ulcer when you are on these type of medication. So, Pantoprazole was also advised correctly.

Regarding the staging of the disease I need detailed investigation reports including chest imaging report.
I also need to know whether you have symptoms involving any organ system other than fever and drycough.
These information will not only help me to comment on the disease status but also help me guide you through the treatment and then I shall also be able to recommend you if any investigations are required for any further information and provide you with necessary information regarding follow up.

Thirdly sarcoidosis is chronic inflammatory condition and often presents with active disease, exacerbations or complications. You need to keep patience as well for the giving the medicines adequate time to get response.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you think I have satisfactorily resolved your query, please rate my answer. If you have any further query related to this, please write back.
In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.
Dr. Kaushik