Suggest treatment for fatty liver in a non-alcoholic

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: hi i am suffering with fetty liver and i am non alcholic please advise
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Certain investigations need to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. There is an entity called non alcoholic hepatosteatosis or non alcoholic fatty liver. Most often it is found in association with diabetes. I would suggest you to get your fasting blood sugar level as well as HbA1c levels checked. If they are found to be elevated, your lipid profile would need to be checked as well and depending upon the reports, suitable treatment is to be administered. If the reports are fine, just forget about it, you need not bother about this finding.

Let me know if I could help further.