Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am having an erectile dysfunction problem. I used to mastrubate few years back and I have stoped it now. After reading thru couple of websites i understood that mastrubation is not a cause for ED. So I don't know what might be the other reasons. I do workout everyday. The only other causes that i am aware of might be anxiety or smoking. So i want to consult a doctor and get treated for the same.

Can you suggest me a clinic near by (my location is mentioned below) or probably a best doctor?

Location - Near by XXXXXXX University Campus
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to get evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been indulged in masturbation since many years and now facing problems related to sexual activities. (ED).

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you married?
2) Do you get morning erection?
3) Do you face problem of ED while attempting to have sexual intercourse with your female partner or while masturbating?
4) Have you ever tried Sildenafil (Viagra) to get erection ?

First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual problems But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.All the problems that you are facing now are mind related and due to anxiety.

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

If problem persists even after 4 months consult qualified Urologist .(Dr XXXXXXX ) in Shankarmath Hospital in Banshankari.for detail evaluation and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction 56 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Answers for your questions below.

Yes had mastrubated for quite sometime, till I was 28.

1) Yes, I am Married.
2) Yes, I get morning errection sometimes.
3) Yes, I face ED while have sexual intercourse. My errection is good during foreplay, but as soon as I start intercourse, i lose it. May be in 2-3 mins. Sometimes it softens but its hard enough to continue within intercourse. So i continue with intercourse and we both reach climax.
4) No, i have not tried any pills or medicine till now. Should I try Sildenafil before visiting the doctor?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can try Sildenafil.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback.Your ED problems seems to be more of a psychological origin than due to any organic cause

Taking Sildenafil Sidenafil (Viagra)as on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection and to have enjoyable sex.Have a trial for couple of weeks and if problem persists consult qualified Urologist. ..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.