Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2349 Questions
I have a problem with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. I'm only 24 and should not be having these issues. I'm wondering what I can do to help.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 days later

Relax! These problems are because of either anxiety or stress. Once you overcome this, you will feel better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation 4 hours later
I was prescribed klonopin for this a while back, and it seemed to work pretty well. But I moved to louisiana and do not have a doctor here yet. Would that help me again you think? The past 5 times having sex I've lasted less than 10 seconds, and its pretty embarrassing.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry! It's treatable...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query

Erectile dysfunction (ED) and Premature Ejaculation are the two sides of the same coin. These are commonly noticed in teenage and young adults. This is not because they have some medical problem. It's because of anxiety and apprehension about failure to perform.

Do not worry! It's not something serious. With appropriate exercises it can be taken care of. Kegels exercises are the best to overcome this problem.

Kegels may help restore bladder control, improve erectile dysfunction, delay premature ejaculation, and perhaps even boost libido.

Exercise is performed by trying to train the muscles used for urination. This is performed by holding the muscles of ruination as if, you are going to stop passing urine. This should not be performed using abdominal muscles, but, the muscles of urination only.

Apart from this, you need to do relaxation therapy, physical exercises, drink plenty of water and consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

While you perform the sexual act, be relaxed, foreplay for adequate time is a must. Stop at one stage when you feel like ejaculating and restart after sometime. Do not be anxious or don't think of anything else during the act.

Hope I have answered your query! I will be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation 16 hours later
I've tried a couple different routines but every time its so embarrassing. I stick it in and boom done. not even a single stroke most times. I want to please my girlfriend with more than just my finger if you know what I mean. Or sometimes I can't even get hard. Its one or the other every time. please help
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety is your problem...

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back

Do not worry! This happens with most of the youngsters. Your anxiety says it all. Please control your anxiety. Always think that you perform well. The problem, I see, is in your mind and not with your penis.

My sincere advise to you is to have some patience and practice Kegels exercise. It will take some time till your muscles regain some strength.

Meanwhile, start physical exercises. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (this will boost your immunity and thus helps in better performance). Avoid masturbation for few days. Also, avoid unnecessary medicines.

I can assure, after couple of weeks, you will start feeling better.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor