Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and nausea

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I am 43 years old. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 5th day of my period. I had my period last Feb 20 and we had sex on the 24th. He's already 61 years old and with erectile dysfunction. He said he did not ejaculate, which is a problem for him since we had our relationship. But I am still worried.

My menstrual cycle is usually 25 or 26 days. I am expecting my period - Mar 17 and feeling nauseous. My period didn't come yesterday - March 17.

Can I be/get pregnant? Is the 5th day of period safe? Please help.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances are almost zero

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

Chances to be pregnant are very very small because:

-You have had intercourse away from the period of fertile window (on the 5th day of your period ovulation hasn't taken place)

-Your boyfriend hasn't ejaculated inside you.

Since you have delayed periods just take a urine pregnancy test at home for peace of mind.

Hope I have answered your question and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Hi Dr. Vjollce, thanks for your reply.

Follow up questions:

Is day 1 to 5 of cycle safe period?

I have 25/26 cycle when are my fertile days and when will I ovulate?

Lastly, when will I take the urine pregnancy test?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details are given below

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!
Day 1 from 5 of your cycle are safe.
Your fertility window is from day 7 to day 15 ,because ovulation can occur at day 10 -12.

You can take a pegnancy test as soon as possible.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana