Suggest treatment for epileptic seizures

Psychiatrist
Question
MY FATHER IS HAVING EPILEPSY SEIZURE FROM 4 YEARS BUT LAST MONTH AFTER HAVING SEIZURE HE STARTED BEHAVING LIKE MAD
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Epilepsy

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Periictal psychosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Seizures are many times accompanied with psychiatric manifestations. They may present as depression or anxiety or even XXXXXXX psychosis. These mostly settle down in 5-7 days on their own. However if they dont then they need proper management depending on the symptoms that the person is showing. You have just mentioned that he is behaving MAD. If you mention further details about his behaviour we can be of help to let you know which medicnes might help him. You do need to see a psychiatrist for this purpose.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy
Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D. Psychaitry